Cannabidiol (CBD) is a phytocannabinoid discovered in 1940. It is one of some 113 identified cannabinoids in cannabis plants and accounts for up to 40% of the plant's extract. Today it has many applications including:
- Pain Relief - The cannabis plant has been used as far back as 2900 BC for pain relief. Today we know CBD is the component in the cannabis plant that is responsible for its pain-relieving effects. Our bodies contain an system called the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) that is involved in many functions including sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. CBD helps to reduce pain by impacting this system.
- Reduce Anxiety and Depression- Pharmaceuticals used to treat anxiety and depression can have a number of side effects including drowsiness, agitation, insomnia, sexual dysfunction and headaches, and these medications can become addictive. CBD has shown promise to be effective for both depression and anxiety, it has even been used to treat insomnia in children with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- May Reduce Acne - Acne is caused by a number of factors including genetics, bacteria, underlying inflammation and over production of sebum, the oily secretion of the skin. CBD has been shown to help due to its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to reduce sebum production.
- Improves Psoriasis and Eczema - Psoriasis and Eczema are inflammatory conditions of the skin. CBD works to control the inflammation locally directly on the skin without taking harsh widespread acting medications.
- May Have Neuroprotective Properties - CBDs ability to act on brain signaling pathways may mean it can provide benefit for those with neurologic disorders. One of the most studied uses of CBD is for disorders like Epilepsy and Multiple Sclerosis. CBD has also been shown to drastically reduce seizure activity in children.
- Could Benefit Heart Health - There have been several benefits noted linking CBD with the circulatory system and the ability to lower blood pressure. The stress and anxiety reducing properties of CBD are responsible for its ability to lower blood pressure.
Our CBD Prodcts:
25mg softgels to be taken orally. This product allows for more wide range absorption of the CBD for more widespread inflammation accross the body.
250mg CBD lotion allows for more targeted application. This product is great for arthrits pain of the hands and feet as well as for inflammatory skin conditions like Psoriasis and Eczema.